WHAT IS PHYCOCYANIN ?
Phycocyanin is the association of proteins and water-soluble photosynthesis pigments.
Phycocyanin absorbs orange and red rays and naturally emits fluorescence at approximately 650 nm
Its name comes from the Greek term “phyco” meaning “algae” and cyanin comes from the colour “cyan”, which is derived from the Greek term “kyanos” meaning blue-green)
Phycocyanin is very close, in composition, of biliary pigments of the human being, which explains its particular activity of detoxification and protection of the liver.
Many studies have showed the actions of phycocyanin :
• Antioxidant and an anti-free radical.
• Anti tumorous.
• Anti-inflammatory drug.
• Antiallergenic (particularly for asthma).
• Protects and detoxifies the liver
• Protects the cells, in particular the nervous system
• Protects from radiations by repairing the damage caused by radioactivity
• Stimulates the immune system
• Supports the production of biliary salts (which improve digestion of lipids)
• Controls cholesterol levels in blood.
Where to find b blue?
Rue des Minières, 44
B-4800 Verviers – Belgique